How about joining a virtual light and lovely singing group?
An opportunity to learn some gorgeous songs and connect with other wonderful women who share our story of childlessness in their own unique ways
**What do I mean by “childless women”? I mean women who are permanently involuntarily childless for any reason at all; women who have struggled with their childlessness; women who are childless by circumstance or infertility. This is not suitable for women who are delighted to be “childfree” or who are childless by choice or for women who are trying to conceive or going through the adoption process.
WHY NOT GIVE IT A GO?
THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED FROM “THE EXPERIMENT” TO “THE LIGHT AND LOVELY SINGING GROUP” PLEASE COME BACK . FOR NOW I’VE JUST REMOVED ALL DETAILS OF “THE EXPERIMENT” AND WILL BE BACK SOON WITH FULL DETAILS OF THE SINGING I’D LIKE TO OFFER. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
WHO AM I? (Clare)
- I’m someone who just loves singing with others and gets genuine delight from taking a disparate bunch of people from knowing nothing of a song to thoroughly enjoying singing a song they love
- I’ve been doing this kind of work nearly 25 years – since 1994/5 when, having met and experienced the work of Frankie Armstrong and then, studying for a Certificate in Music Workshop Skills at Goldsmiths, I began a singing project at a London day centre for homeless women and was immediately hooked
- I’m a member of the Natural Voice Network and believe that singing is a birthright – NOT the preserve of those with special skills or learning as it’s just part of being a human.
- In Kendal since 2011 I’ve been running lovely, friendly, singing-for-wellbeing groups where we learn a variety of songs just purely for the joy of it and we don’t aim to perform
- I’m also a member of the Gateway Women community online founded by Jody Day, author of “Living the Life Unexpected” (an extraordinarily helpful book if you are exploring your own childlessness)
- I attended a Reignite Weekend in 2017 and did Gateway Women’s 12 month Online Bee course completing in March 2019 (a course I could not recommend enough). For more details of all these please see gateway-women.com
- Since 2020 I’ve found that my experience of leading singing and my experience of recovering from my own childlessness can come together to enable me to help other women find and enjoy their own voices while finding and enjoying each other’s support and understanding.
WHAT DO PEOPLE LIKE ABOUT GROWING SINGING?
I asked my existing (face to face) groups what they like about Growing Singing and among their answers was:
“It makes me feel happy. I like the variety of music. It makes me laugh.”
“The camaraderie. Feeling part of a group. Lovely sense of achievement. Helps to leave the stress behind“
“Your good humour! I feel so good at the end of the evening and sing all the way home – very uplifting!“
“The accepting atmosphere you create, Clare”
“Now don’t blush but your teaching style is excellent – always come away uplifted“
“The supportive atmosphere, which follows from your positive and encouraging approach. It feels safe to make mistakes“
“The pace- feels fairly brisk but not hurried“
“You are so patient when we need something repeated; this means we feel we can sing with confidence. You also seem to know when to challenge us, which is good“
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WANT TO JOIN IN?
I will get back to you on the email address you contact me from within a couple of days (please check your spam or email again if you don’t hear from me, it will be a tech issue! I promise I wouldn’t ignore your message)